Sunday 6 November 2022

The Pangram

 

A quick brown frog jumps over a lazy dog

Remember to use every letter in every sentence,
my teacher said

The idea was very intriguing
I was fascinated with how every letter found its spot in the same sentence
Some appeared more than once
Some in unexpected placements
Nevertheless, there was a place for every letter

I extended this idea to everything around
Went to the garden and picked one of every flower
Some bright pink, some deep red, 
But some were also mellowed pastels
Nevertheless, I strung everything into one bouquet

How so obsessed could I have been
I added every vegetable in the same stew
Topped it with every spice from my mother's kitchen cupboard
I was so sure that everything has to find its place
And everything will find its place


I went to the temple,
No doubt, I knew every God had their place
Turns out, they didn't
Atleast we convinced ourselves that they won't
Extended further, not every believer had their place
Some barely managed a spot outside the temple
But some had their chance to be close up
And a lot somewhere in between


The funny thing about patterns is-
Irrespective of whether you are convinced or confused
You get to see more of it
My mind that was once convinced 
That everything has to have a place and will find it's place
Started questioning its possibility


Why is it that intelligence of a human mind
That managed to bring every letter in one sentence
Couldn't bring every prayer and every wish under one steeple and Shikhara
Why is that what is right and wrong
Is not always 'right for all' and 'wrong for all'

Why wait for a law to tell us 
That people cant be treated different based of their choices
Why wait for a day or week or month 
To remind us that without shades and variations the world would only be monochrome


Lets not mistake portions of the puzzle
To be the entire puzzle
And our puzzle has 8 billion pieces
Some pieces bigger and some smaller
But the puzzle will be unsolved
Even if one of them don't find its place


No comments:

Post a Comment