Saturday 9 May 2020

Seasons & People


I didn't entirely enjoy rainy days-
Never wanted my hair frizzy
and shoes dirty
My mother warned me that I'll appreciate it's worth after they are gone

Wasn't fond of winters either-
Never wanted to feel anything cold
and drive through the foggy road
My mother warned me that I'll appreciate it's worth after they are gone

Summers weren't any different-
Never wanted sweat stains on
and step out in the sun
My mother warned me that I'll appreciate it's worth after they are gone


Summer of 2020 was a roller coaster 
We never wanted to ride,
The deadly virus- we fight and hide
Loved ones- my family lost in the blink of an eye
What wouldn't we trade to re-write the summer of 2020

My mother was right- we only appreciate seasons (and people) after they are long gone

No comments:

Post a Comment